cons-discuss

Re: CONS on OpenVMS

From: Rajesh Vaidheeswarran
Subject: Re: CONS on OpenVMS
Date: Tue, 08 May 2001 15:14:53 -0400 (EDT)

I'm not sure anyone has used it outside of Unix/NT as far as I know.

That said.. we can do (and in fact, do support) separate compile and
link stages..

You can pretty much override any cons default (for CC AR LINK, etc..)
with stuff that suits your environment.

If you tell us what the usable set of defaults is for VMS, we'd be glad
to incorporate it. (check cons.pl for @param::defaults - from 2.3.0 onwards
it would be @param::unix and @param::msvc. We could certainly have a
@param::vms)

However, I don't understand the issue with the $ENV. If you can set
the ENV hash from inside  a vanilla perl script, then you should be able to
do it through cons scripts too. If you can't do it through regular perl,
I'd be interested in finding out how perl scripts work on that platform
in the first place..

One more thing to consider.. we use a few packages like File::Spec and
MD5 (or Digest::MD5)..  Make sure they are available for your platform..

rv