cons-discuss

Re: cons development

From: Dmitry Sagalovskiy
Subject: Re: cons development
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 18:38:44 -0500 (EST)

Thanks for the info in this and the previous emails. It's hard to say how
much my company would be willing to pay for support, since the idea was
more to help "sponsor" the project to make it easier for the development
community to advance it, and not to hire a programmer to fix little things
for  us.

Well, let's see if anyone else responds with interest in advancement of
cons. Meanwhile, I'll take a look at Python, SCons, and Inline::Python.
I'd say -j is pretty big, but good derived-file caching is even bigger. If
caching in fact appears soon, and SCons keeps moving ahead at a good
speed, well, maybe it's more worth helping out SCons and switching to
that. Perl is sure convenient, but, well, it doesn't matter too much.

dmitry