date does not recognise ULAT timezone to calculate UTC date

From: Jeff.Green
Subject: date does not recognise ULAT timezone to calculate UTC date
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 11:20:03 +0100

Running the command date on our server in Mongolia gives

$ date
Wed Jun 19 18:13:14 ULAT 2013

However entering a date with the ULAT timezone to calculate the UTC date of an
event in the past gives an error

$ date -u --date="25 May 2013 20:13 ULAT"
date: invalid date `25 May 2013 20:13 ULAT'

Using the same format (ie taking the local timezone from a date command) works
on our servers in other timezones such as CET, CEST, or SGT works perfectly.

individual or organization to whom it is addressed. Any opinions or
advice presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of the Kantar Media. If you are not the intended recipient
of this email, you should not copy, modify, distribute or take any action
in reliance on it. If you have received this email in error please notify
the sender and delete this email from your system. Although this email
has been checked for viruses and other defects, no responsibility can be
accepted for any loss or damage arising from its receipt or use.