Re: apparently non-spurious tests/misc/xattr failure with coreutils 8.23

From: Nick Alcock
Subject: Re: apparently non-spurious tests/misc/xattr failure with coreutils 8.23
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2014 13:19:29 +0100

On 3 Oct 2014, Nick Alcock uttered the following:
> I'll be digging into libattr next. Looks like it's not doing what it was
> asked to do... and coreutils's testsuite was the first thing to spot it.
> You can tell I don't use xattrs much :)

Confirmed, this is a trunk libattr bug present since Mike Frysinger's
redoing of its build system in January this year, which in effect
replaces the body of attr_copy_*() with 'return 0;'. I have a patch and
will submit it shortly. (With said fix, the test passes, so this is not
a coreutils problem.)

--
NULL && (void)