Re: removal of kill?

From: Bernhard Voelker
Subject: Re: removal of kill?
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 08:27:45 +0100

On 11/10/2015 12:54 AM, Pádraig Brady wrote:
> For these reasons I might just keep the test cleanups
> from my previous patch but continue to build kill by default?

+1

>From a packager's point of view, it's very easy to either use
--enable-no-install-program=... or simply to remove the binary
and the man page afterward.  I find it more complicated [1][2]
to remove all occurrences from the Texinfo documentation - which
the above switch doesn't accomplish btw.

For upstream development, I'd prefer to always build all tools.
We have to ensure that all tools still build, leave alone the
dramatic decrease of test coverage of those programs.
Therefore, I'd rather like to see all tools built here ...
maybe similar to have we enabled -Werror when .git exists?

Have a nice day,
Berny

[1]
https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/Base:System/coreutils/coreutils-remove_kill_documentation.patch?expand=1