du feature

From: Andrew Zwieg
Subject: du feature
Date: Sat, 30 Jan 2016 21:05:59 -0600

I'd like to request a feature for coreutils, specifically 'du'. I have a
situation where root(/)  typically fills up alot(It would be easier to change
this situation, however that's not an option), So what i'm left with is if you
do du -sh /*, it makes a mess when it gets to /home if you have root squashed
home directories. It would be really nice to have an exclude flag, such as '-e'
to exclude /home, or other directories.

I'm aware we can do something similar with find, in a rather un-easy syntax to
remember, and 3 pipes; it seems this is more appropriate in the 'du' tool.
I took a look over the rejected feature request, and found the below link, It
appears to be a different than the feature I'm requesting, because of the
nature of wanting to ignore the size, not the directory itself.
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/coreutils/2013-04/msg00043.html

looking forward to you feedback.

--
Thanks!