Backspace is not working in a chroot environment

From: RAJESH DASARI
Subject: Backspace is not working in a chroot environment
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2017 11:41:27 +0530

Hi ,

I did chroot on my environment and  after i switched to the chrooted
directory ,backspace key is not working properly , when i enter
backspace it is taken  as a "space".

shell i used was bash.On normal bash shell backspace is working fine.
when i chroot it is not working.

 $TERM
bash: xterm-256color

I tried to debug with strace , i see that when i press enter it is read as \177.

pselect6(1, [0], NULL, NULL, NULL, {[], 16}) = 1 (in [0])
read(0, "\177", 1)                      = 1
write(2, "\7", 1)                       = 1

Could some one please help me on this , is this any known issue ? or
any environment setting is needed to fix this .

Thanks,
Rajesh.