ls is broken, what's next cd?

From: Андрей Кинзлер
Subject: ls is broken, what's next cd?
Date: Mon, 05 Feb 2018 18:18:29 +0300

Hi,

After upgrading my distro, I was quite surprised when I saw some of my files
wrapped with single quotes. Why adding such a useless feature of an unnecessary
garbage to the terminal output? Were you inspired by Microsoft when fixing
something that wasn't broken and now the files are totally misaligned when you
type 'ls'?

So, what's next: further inspirations from the cmd.exe like when the double
quotes are appended to the file names when you type cd + \t ? "Microsoft Loves
Linux" feels wrong, but now it looks like that love is reciprocal and it's
scary!

Please repair ls.

Regards,

Andrew