Re: ls is broken, what's next cd?

From: Ben Oliver
Subject: Re: ls is broken, what's next cd?
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2018 17:39:56 +0000

On 18-02-05 18:18:29, Андрей Кинзлер wrote:
After upgrading my distro, I was quite surprised when I saw some of my files wrapped with single quotes. Why adding such a useless feature of an unnecessary garbage to the terminal output? Were you inspired by Microsoft when fixing something that wasn't broken and now the files are totally misaligned when you type 'ls'?

Harsh words but I do also question the decision.

If we must quote output then I would have gone for

--quoting-style=c

so at least everything is consitently quoted but it really does feel like trying to fix an issue that wasn't there.