cp-tools-discuss

Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] gjdoc java compatibility

From: Mark Howard
Subject: Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] gjdoc java compatibility
Date: 10 Apr 2003 10:09:06 +0100

On Wed, 2003-04-09 at 20:53, Julian Scheid wrote:
> Mark Howard wrote:
> >  I've been trying to update Debian gjdoc packages to the latest release.
> > My main problem has been getting a dfsg-free JAXP-compliant XSLT
> > processor which provides javax.xml.parsers.ParserConfigurationException
> > - this is now on its way to being solved.
>
> Are you aware of GNU Libxmlj which I wrote specifically for this purpose?
> It isn't a full-featured XSLT processor, but its functionality is
> sufficient for Gjdoc.
Yes. Unfortunately this was not packaged for Debian. Somebody is working
on this, I am just waiting for it to be accepted into the archive (It is
done by a new maintainer, so may take some time)

> Firstly, the current CVS version compiles with GNU gcj 3.3 (it ought to,
> at least.) Secondly, I don't think there are any 1.4 dependencies aside
> from the Exception constructor you mention; if 1.2 compatibility really
> is necessary, these can be easily patched (e.g. by
>    super(message + ", caused by: " + cause.toString());
> ).
ok. I prefer to stick with the default version of gcc in Debian, which
is 3.2. In fact, I've been using jikes as a compiler as most people seem
to regard it as more reliable.
I have patched the Debian package; The only changes were a few exception
constructors.

Thanks for your reply
--
  .''`. Mark Howard