cp-tools-discuss

Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] gjdoc build suggestions

From: Julian Scheid
Subject: Re: [Cp-tools-discuss] gjdoc build suggestions
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 15:16:51 +0100

Hi Paul,

Paul Jenner wrote:
1) antlr is not found in custom install locations. In fact the configure
check appears to only look for it in /usr/local/share/antlr* and
/usr/share/java. I have raised bug #11902 in Savannah as this looks like
it could bite people.

Fixed in -pre3.

2) Build from CVS requires automake 1.9+ but this is not checked for in
autogen.sh. Only affects hackers who should know better (:-) but maybe
borrowing the autogen.sh from Classpath that checks this would be
useful?

Good idea, -pre3 now uses an autogen.sh adapted from Classpath. This
also means that configure is no longer run automatically by autogen.sh,
by the way.

3) Minor one but install for me has created an empty ${prefix}/lib
directory. Should this be created in all cases?

Probably not, but I haven't figured out yet how to prevent that. It
seems like automake will create it in every case, though I could be
mistaken and something's wrong in Makefile.am.

Hope these are useful - only the first I would consider as an issue for
users, the other two are me being over zelaous in testing :-)

Gjdoc can use zealous testing, keep it coming :)

Thanks,

Julian