cppdoc-announce

[Cppdoc-announce] rite

From: Joan Butts
Subject: [Cppdoc-announce] rite
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 18:09:42 +0200

Don't use libraries as crutches; if you're not prepared to figure out what the library is doing for you you'll end up in a world of pain further down the line.
Browser vendors take note: you can still be the first modern browser to implement a proper offline mode! Browser vendors take note: you can still be the first modern browser to implement a proper offline mode!
If you plan to evaluate some existing libraries these make an excellent starting point. Likewise, good documentation is invaluable. I gave talks about it at both BarCamp and Euro Foo - it's decentralised single sign-on that works, and it's trivial to implement thanks to really solid libraries for most programming languages. I gave talks about it at both BarCamp and Euro Foo - it's decentralised single sign-on that works, and it's trivial to implement thanks to really solid libraries for most programming languages. Whatever it's doing, it works surprisingly well. Having a compressing proxy is essential. I imagine the main problem was the heat - sitting in a stuffy lecture theatre on a night like Tuesday's wasn't a hugely attractive proposition, but the talks were more than worth it. Clever, but a bit scary at the same time. Programmers on those VMs get more productive languages, while users of those languages gain access to enormous existing class libraries, not to mention the promise of significant performance boosts. If you rely on a library to abstract away the browser bugs from you you are certain to run in to a bug that you can't fix sooner or later.
The solver itself was pretty straight foward; the hand-rolled OCR routine to deal with the Times' dodgy scanned JPEG a little less so. That's why I've left my image setting above to check every five minutes. The tab screenshot thumbnails are a nice touch.
Remember, all valid JSON is valid _javascript_ but the opposite is not true; JSON is a subset.
Safari and Firefox both have extensions that enable this but it's great to see it built in to the core product. , Technorati and Google search results pages which don't have those links.
I suppose it's looking for any link on the page with 'Next' as the link text. Clever, but a bit scary at the same time. Here's hoping other browser manufacturers follow suit.
YDN is one of my favourite parts of Yahoo!
That's why I've left my image setting above to check every five minutes.
They're APIs that you call over the Web.
_javascript_ Libraries are an enormous topic but I felt we did them justice considering the time available.
The following is all the browser-forking code you need to cover every available major browser.
If you rely on a library to abstract away the browser bugs from you you are certain to run in to a bug that you can't fix sooner or later. According to the authors, doing this with _javascript_ requires painful code forking. Definitely the best value conference with the most grassroots atmosphere that I've ever been to. It offers a replacement for the native browser XMLHttpRequest object that is slower, less fully-featured and does a bunch of crazy extra work behind the scenes. If you plan to evaluate some existing libraries these make an excellent starting point. Solve these problems once so you can get on to the interesting task of building the application. Paradoxically, the more time saving abstractions you are using the more you actually have to know.
It offers a replacement for the native browser XMLHttpRequest object that is slower, less fully-featured and does a bunch of crazy extra work behind the scenes.
I fluffed the timing a bit, but the talk seemed to go over well.
I think my brain is full. Remember, all valid JSON is valid _javascript_ but the opposite is not true; JSON is a subset.
YDN is one of my favourite parts of Yahoo!