criawips-devel

Re: [devel] Simple tasks for a newbie ?

From: Sven Herzberg
Subject: Re: [devel] Simple tasks for a newbie ?
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 20:17:41 +0200

Am Di, den 21.09.2004 schrieb Adrien Beaucreux um 16:36:
> Anyway, I'd like to know if there are some simple tasks I can help with,
> especially in the code, to help me become familiar with it.

  I can offer one quite simple task that might help to become familiar
with the criawips source tree. The task is "make the default fallback
font configurable"

This sounds quite hard, but should be achieved quite easily:
  application.c: add code to initialize and uninitialize gconf support
  main-window.c, data/criawips.ui: add "Edit > Preferences"
  presentation-properties-dialog.[ch], data/criawips.glade: create a
        preferences dialog class (the easy way is to do this:
        cd src/code-templates
        ./_create_class.sh Cria::PreferencesDialog
        mv preferences-dialog.[ch] ..
        Then just add these two files to the Makefile.am and adjust them
        to work similar to the p-p-d

  If you've got questions related to this, feel free to ask per email or
on IRC.

Regards,
  Sven
--