criawips-devel

Re: [cria-devel] libccc missing include

From: Sven Herzberg
Subject: Re: [cria-devel] libccc missing include
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 13:28:54 +0100

On Fr, 2006-03-24 at 08:49 +0100, Alberto Mardegan wrote:
> =========================
> pupilla:~/src/miei/sched/demo$ make
> gcc -g -O0 -Wall `pkg-config --cflags ccc-0.1` -DPACKAGE='"demo"'
> -DVERSION='"1.0"' -c demo-window.c
> demo-window.c:35:30: ccc/glib-helpers.h: No such file or directory
> make: *** [demo-window.o] Error 1
> =========================
>
> In fact, under /usr/local/include/ccc-0.1/ccc/ there are several include
> files, but no glib-helpers.h. I guess that's correct, and that the demo
> should use a glib-helpers.h located in its own source tree.

  This is correct. The glib-helpers.h is a file that I share between
several projects (eg. see criawips/copy-src/helpers/glib-helpers.h [1]).
It should not be shared outside of project trees as the file contains
just some helpers (in this case mostly casting macros) that make the
code easier to read.

  The only file which really needs the glib-helpers.h is
herzi-main-window.c, which - actually - is another file shared between
some projects (eg. in my font manager [2]) which I created when I got
tired of always creating the same window class deriving from GtkWindow
which can automatically close the application on exit.

> If I copy libccc's glib-helpers.h to the source directory of the demo,
> compilation succeeds.

  That's how it's meant to be. Good speed!

Regards,
  Sven

[1]http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/criawips/copy-src/helpers/glib-helpers.h
[2]http://font-manager.blaubeermuffin.de/