crossplex-dev

[Crossplex-dev] mknod without sudo prviledges

From: Michael McElroy
Subject: [Crossplex-dev] mknod without sudo prviledges
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 12:43:43 -0500

I built the example on my Ubuntu system. The build stopped and asked for a password with making device nodes. OK, I can fix that on my home system but at work, can't do it. My work system just terminates the build when trying to run mknod. I've read about using a chroot jail or a utility called makedev. How do other people handle this.

Mike