crust-discuss

Re: [Crust-discuss] Goals?

From: Wolfgang
Subject: Re: [Crust-discuss] Goals?
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2001 21:05:04 +0200

Hi Johan!

Johan Rydberg <address@hidden> wrote:
> > What are the technical goals of the Crust project?
[snip]

> I will try to decrease this the number of levels to atleast three and a half.
>
>    1. Device drivers -- Handles graphic acceleration and framebuffer
>    2.0. Surface server -- Handles onscreen surfaces
>    2.1. Surface client library -- Provides drawing primitives, working on
> surfaces.
>    3. Client library (for example GNUstep).

Will there be a X-compatiblity layer which makes it possible to use
old X applications? Especialy over the network? This would help Crust
being accepted. Will all high-level client libraries use a common
look&feel? How will applications contact the server? Will the server
be a translator?

Cheers,
GNU/Wolfgang

--
/* Wolfgang Jährling <address@hidden> `-:._ "Omnis enim res, quae dando
 * Debian GNU/Linux user && Debian GNU/Hurd user  `-:. non deficit, dum habetur