cvg-moodle-devel

Re: [cvg-moodle-devel] Code cleanup + Broken Animal?

From: Dr . Guido Rößling
Subject: Re: [cvg-moodle-devel] Code cleanup + Broken Animal?
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 21:54:56 +0200

Hi,

thank you for your email - I am sorry for not replying any sooner, but
the upcoming exam for CS 1 (tomorrow morning...) is leaving me little
time to breathe, let alone do anything else.

> Another thing I changed is that we no longer need that "Download and
> Run" annoying window, that in some browsers actually prevented the
> jnlp
> being downloaded at all --for some unknown reasons. Clicking on the
> thumbnail now downloads the jnlp file.

Thank you; a good idea!

> Also, there is a problem that I do not know how to fix. The animations
> lAunch well (only tried Animal animations) but Animal goes "segfault"
> (java.lang.NullPointerExpection) just after loading. The only cause I
> can find for this is that the parameter path now looks like this:
> http://some-site/vizcosh/dl_data.php?id=3 instead to a something like:
> http://some-site/vizcosh/tmp/file.aml file. Anyway, this /should/
> work,
> as actually visiting that address makes you download a .aml file (the
> http connection headers are tuned up so the filename and everything is
> ok). Maybe there is a problem in Animal visualization download code?
> Can
> you Guido check it?

Is there a web site where it is running like this? Or could you please
email me one of the generated JNLP file? (It does not matter much if
the site is not actually accessible) That will make debugging easier,
since I do not want to "update" my web server to something that may
not work :-)

One guess might be that the file to be served cannot be accessed by
guests (i. e., if you are not logged in). That might be a good reason
for it to fail...

Best regards,

Guido

--