cvsreport-devel

Re: [cvsreport-devel] Support for windows and server side only ?

From: Vincent Caron
Subject: Re: [cvsreport-devel] Support for windows and server side only ?
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 00:02:27 +0100

Keeron Modi wrote:

Your script (CVSReport) is a nice tool to have .. But its mainly unix based (I guess not aimed for windows), and a client side only. It does send commit mails and reports .. But what if it was purely server side .. I.e. you can run it using a "viewcvs.cgi" type of script.

It can be used both at client and server side, ie. it does automatic changeset detection and reporting at commit time or later on-demand. It's actually more popular as an automatic server-side tool.

Do you plan to make this windows-compatible ?

It's Perl, it should just run on your platform 'as is'. Cvsreport used to depend on an external mail program, but the latest release (0.3.4) has direct SMTP support. The only - but obvious - dependency is CVS itself, make sure it's in your PATH.

Make sure to read the man page (badly formatted in HTML) here :
  http://www.nongnu.org/cvsreport/cvsreport.html

If it does not work, please fill a bug report with the requested info here :

  http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=addbug&group=cvsreport