cvsreport-devel

Re: [cvsreport-devel] Support for windows and server side only ?

From: Vincent Caron
Subject: Re: [cvsreport-devel] Support for windows and server side only ?
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 00:42:42 +0100

Keeron Modi wrote:

I have CVSNT setup on C:\ drive and repository on f:\ drive .. Right now I am trying the scripts from the c:\ of the server itself.

"perl cvsreport -df:\cvsrepo\cm -f now-1month -n10"

This command is fine, it should generate a report for the past month with no more than 10 changesets. This is called the 'client side' usage.

Doing that gives me an error "The system cannot find the path specified."

Please run the same command with the --debug flag added and send the full log here.

I even tried the "cvsroot" format I would use on a CVS client (outside this server) to connect :

"perl cvsreport -d:sspi@:cvs-bel1:2404:/cm -f now-1month -n10"

This should produce the same result as the above command, however it will use CVS remote invocation, which is slow (even if the server is running on the same machine).

I don't have a config file yet .. But that shouldn't matter right ?

It's also fine, cvsreport has configuration defaults, in your case it should print out the report in plain text format on the console.