cwriter-fr

[Cwriter-fr] large-scale vague

From: Grace Correa
Subject: [Cwriter-fr] large-scale vague
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 17:19:52 -0500

To the music ofthe trams booming he whispered the seven completed stanzas of hispoem. They hesitated outside a rather low-looking pub called the Bird inHand.
It is not easy to make love in a cold climate whenyou have no money. How stupid it is, the way we quarrel, isnt it Gordon?
Oh, well, well just order bread and cheese and beer.
They were so happy together that they had got to kiss. They were so happy together that they had got to kiss.
Weve walked all the way from Farnham Common.
The waiter had come back with a flyblown printed menu.
Rosemary remembered the way now that they had got to FarnhamCommon. She thought him perverse, unreasonable, cruel.
He slipped behindRosemary as they walked, so that she should not see his lined,colourless face. Look at my face, look atthese clothes Im wearing, look at everything else about me. Gordon and Rosemary looked tired and dirty, and they knewit.
Why cant you look after yourself properly? They walked on hand in hand, swishing through the drycoppery leaves that had drifted into the ruts.
He said in the same casual tone as before:It WOULD be rather fun. Gordon went to the top of theTottenham Court Road and took the tram.
They had nowhere to go, except the open air.
Five bob he might manage, and Julia would lend himfive; GIVE him five, that was. Presently they came out of the wooded area.
Alltheir lovemaking was done in such places.
He was being horribly unfair, and he knew it.
Presently Gordon came level withRosemary. Also she hadabsorbed into her very bones the code of fair play and live-and-let-live. With aninsistent gesture, angrily and yet demanding to be loved, shepressed her breast against him.