cwriter-fr

[Cwriter-fr] apple opal

From: Teresa Mayer
Subject: [Cwriter-fr] apple opal
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 02:48:21 +0530

It is very easy to get arepputation for pride in Blair Water school.
Youre awful ugly, said a fat, squat little miss, nearly as broadas she was long.
She did not want to go to school in Blair Water. The looking-glasses are all toohigh up in the rooms Ive been in. Chestnut-curls felt herself compelled toanswer it. Emily thought it was hardly good manners.
I wish I could have a bang but Aunt Elizabeth will nothear of it.
Of all the sillyfashions that have come in nowadays, bangs are the silliest. Nobody would ever come across them there. An old sheet of cardboard served as a desk; she began to writefeverishly. Delighted at her success in drawing blood the curled onetried again.
Please, Aunt Laura, it would be a SIN to burn those letter-bills.
Please, Aunt Laura, it would be a SIN to burn those letter-bills.
Emily was rather glad when the bell rang.
I saw Dr Burnley yesterday when he came over to buy some eggs fromAunt Elizabeth. Everybody in theconnection has taken a spell hunting for the diamond.
She was tall, oddly dressed in anoverlong dress of faded, striped print, and barefooted.
Fred Clifford began tobuild that house thirty years ago. Emily, who should have been doing a sum in long division, droppedher pencil and listened entranced.
He was to be married and hislady picked out the plan. I filled a whole letter-bill with it and thenI ran and read it to Aunt Laura.
Youcan say what you like about me but you are not going to INSULT MYFAMILY.
Fred had a bit of Shipley in him,too, you see.
Ihear her now singing up on the roof around the big chimneys.
We are bothgoing to pray that we may live together all our lives and die thesame day.
Oh, just look at the baby apron, laughed another girl, with ahead of chestnut curls.
And Aunt Laura slips in acooky or an apple turnover when Aunt Elizabeths back is turned.
Aunt Elizabeth told meI ought to try to be like Anzonetta.