cybop-developers

Re: [cybop-developers] API-Generator

From: Christian Heller
Subject: Re: [cybop-developers] API-Generator
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2017 22:57:15 +0100

Hi Enrico,

parsing CYBOI source code for the API?
Yes, the idea is good, but hard to realise.
Another student came up with the same proposal some time ago.
Can you put it on your or the "all" todo list for now?

We would have to write a CYBOL application being able to parse:
constant/format/cybol/logic/
and:
constant/format/cybol/state/
Just like JavaDoc parses Java comments.
And then we'd have to add the example source code files,
descriptions etc. to the CYBOI source code.

If you want to follow this path, then try. But there might be some
formatting incompatibilities in CYBOI source files yet, I don't know.
You are right, that some CYBOL operations do not work yet.
It's all on my todo list.

I personally want to focus on other things with higher priority, e.g.:
- complete stack
- complete deep copy
- finally continue GUI functionality (x_window_system and win32api)
I am waiting long to come back to the GUI, but there were always
more important things in between that had to be solved first.

So, up to you now.
The API is quite up-to-date and not that important.
Perhaps you find another place to work on?
CMake to start with?
Is it possible to realise libraries (dynamic/static) with CMake?
Then CYBOI could be made modular one day, e.g. without X Window etc.

More answers from me:

The "command/" directory contains CYBOL operations which internally
call shell script operations, for Linux and Windows, if possible.
I don't think one may use "command/list-directory-contents" for
the purpose described by you, since its output would have to be piped
through to CYBOI, which is not implemented (yet).

Your code changes seem to be fine and all compiles without errors.

Best regards
Christian

--
Umweltzerstörung, Armut, Lobbykratie, Medienhetze, Krieg?
Reformiert unser Geldsystem! Fließendes Geld!