cybop-developers

[cybop-developers] Socket and Web Server

From: Christian Heller
Subject: [cybop-developers] Socket and Web Server
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2017 20:59:18 +0100

Hi Enrico,

my final message for today, with a more advanced task.

Background:

The cyboi interpreter is to become universal in that it shall be able
to serve all communication channels easily, with just one "send" or
"receive" in cybol/xml, independent from the underlying operating system.

This works already for TUI (ansi escape code) on Linux and WUI (sockets).
I have prepared GUI (xcb and win32), but not completed yet.
For this, I have to rethink the event architecture, threads.
One interesting example seems to be "libuv", used by Node.js for
asynchronous communication. However, they don't offer GUIs.

Problem:

If you try out the socket examples:

cybop/examples/webstat/
cybop/examples/presence/
cybop/examples/cybol-app/
cybop/examples/socket_client/
cybop/examples/socket_server/
cybop/examples/www_server_dynamic/
cybop/examples/www_server_static/

You might find out that repeating request-response-cycles are
problematic or requests by many clients in parallel not possible.
I thought it would suffice to give the number of possible clients
as argument to the socket "listen" function, but obviously not.

If you like, you may play around with these examples, study the
socket source code in the cyboi interpreter and try to find the bug.
(I had downloaded and compared with other web servers' source code
but somehow don't know where the problem is.)

Nearby:

You will find the corresponding entries in my todo file:
"cybop/todo/christian_heller.txt" under the heading "WUI".

Thanks
Christian