dazuko-devel

[Dazuko-devel] Dazuko: disabling ON_EXEC

From: John Ogness
Subject: [Dazuko-devel] Dazuko: disabling ON_EXEC
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 16:30:58 +0200

Hi,

I have had a lot of reports of Dazuko giving problems due to the sys_execve function. For Dazuko 1.1.1 I will be disabling the ON_EXEC access mask functionality. Hopefully, when it is more stable, we can put it back in.

Another option would be to replace system calls dynamically as the access masks are set. However, since a system call replacement requires a kernel lock and global disk sync, I prefer not to do it so often.

John Ogness