dazuko-devel

[Dazuko-devel] Dazuko 2.0.0-pre3 posted

From: John Ogness
Subject: [Dazuko-devel] Dazuko 2.0.0-pre3 posted
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 21:39:49 +0200

Hi,

I have just posted the next pre-release of Dazuk 2.0. Some of the new features:
  - now supports ON_UNLINK and ON_RMDIR events
  - more file information added to the dazuko_access structure

The only known issues is a problem resolving local filenames in FreeBSD sometimes (particularly with exec, unlink, and rmdir). Although this is important, it may not be enough to hold back the 2.0 release.

I have had users report that the new signal-handling scheme in 2.0 resolves problems that existed with 1.2.x versions. I have therefore added this new scheme into the 1.2.x branch (which will be available in 1.2.3).

Some major upcoming TODO's:
  - get Dazuko working with Linux 2.6
  - get Dazuko working with FreeBSD 5

These could turn out to be very large tasks and I will not start them until 2.0 is released.

There is also a lot of code/comment cleaning that needs to be done. Once version 2.0 is out, development really needs to slow down and go into maintenance mode for a little bit. Although running very solid, I am uncomfortable with the speed that development is taking place. I am expecting the 1.2.2 and 2.0.0 versions to remain as "the most recent stable releases" for a while.

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer