dazuko-devel

Re: [Dazuko-devel] Linux Common Capabilities

From: Christoph Hanslik
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-devel] Linux Common Capabilities
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 15:19:24 +0200

Am Donnerstag, 23. September 2004 22:20 schrieb John Ogness:
> Hi,
>
> Your problem is clear. You are turning off capabilities with the boot
> parameters. You should *not* have "capability=0" as a boot parameter.
> This disables capabilities in the kernel.
>
> Dazuko 2.0.4-pre2 works very well with SuSE 9.1. You do not have to
> download source code. You do not have to play with links. You do not
> have to do anything except what is in the FAQ:
>
> http://www.dazuko.org/faq.shtml#14
>
> Older version of Dazuko required you to turn off capabilities as boot
> parameters. This was ugly and did not work well. As of version
> 2.0.4-pre2 Dazuko works correctly with the security modules.
>
> John Ogness

Sorry, but that does not work for xntpd and for named, they both complain:
named: capset failed: Operation not permitted
and:
ntpd[3932]: cap_set_proc() failed to drop root privileges: Operation not
permitted
even I follow in detail the description of faq#14.
But it also didn't work with linux-2.6.8.1 kernel, as I told.

Someone else any idea?

Greetings

Christoph