dazuko-devel

[Dazuko-devel] 2.0.4-pre4 posted

From: John Ogness
Subject: [Dazuko-devel] 2.0.4-pre4 posted
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 00:52:37 +0200

Hi,

I have posted version 2.0.4-pre4 of Dazuko. This version uses a new "linux_conf" mini-program to identify the configuration of the Linux kernel. This allows much more robust identifcation than the former "grep autoconf.h" methods. This version also compiles successfully under Fedora Core 2. The problem with Fedora Core 2 is that it uses the Linux 2.6.5 kernel but uses the Linux 2.6.6 LSM. This is yet another example of the madness of LSM and I am sure that I am the only one foolish enough to continually adapt a kernel module to fit every possible LSM configuration out there.

As of 2.0.4-pre4 it is now confirmed possible to compile and install Dazuko (with or without capabilities) on:
  SuSE Linux 9.1
  Mandrake 10.0
  Fedora Core 2

This has been a lot of work, but it has benefited Dazuko on Linux 2.6 as a whole. There have been reports that there are problems with Mandrake 10.1, which seems to be using RSBAC. If I can get my hands on some Mandrake 10.1 CD's, I could investigate the problem.

For this pre-release I have also ported all new features from the FreeBSD 4 extension to the FreeBSD 5 extension. Dazuko now runs very very well under the FreeBSD's.

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer