dazuko-devel

[Dazuko-devel] 2.1.1 Released

From: John Ogness
Subject: [Dazuko-devel] 2.1.1 Released
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 22:58:50 +0100

Hi,

Version 2.1.1 of Dazuko has now been officially released. The changes
since the 2.1.0 release have focussed on supporting the many flavors of
Linux 2.6 LSM, device, and suspend API's that have been coming out over
the past few months.

Other changes have included minor internal cleanups to improve the
code's portability.

FreeBSD 6 support was also officially added.

My next immediate task is preparing a special birthday pre-release for
Dazuko's upcoming 4th birthday. It will be an early pre-release of
Dazuko version 3.0, which is based purely on DazukoFS. NetBSD support
will for sure be included and I am working to get Linux support added as
well. This will be quite an early pre-release, so people waiting for
DazukoFS shouldn't get too excited yet. But it will be nice to get
something working "out on the table".

For the 2.x branches, I have no immediate plans, but I can forsee the
following agenda:

2.1.x: minor fixes, support Linux API changes

2.2.x: support for system call hooking with Linux 2.6, support for
OpenBSD, support for fine-grained masking

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer