dazuko-devel

[Dazuko-devel] 2.3.1-pre1 posted

From: John Ogness
Subject: [Dazuko-devel] 2.3.1-pre1 posted
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 01:21:14 +0200

Hi,

I have posted 2.3.1-pre1. This version is basically 2.2.2 with Linux 2.6
syscall hooking added. The syscall hooking has been improved from the
2.3.0 release to better detect Linux kernel configurations and
appropriately configure Dazuko. Syscall hooking for Linux 2.6 is still
not the default method for capturing file events (it must be specified
using --enable-syscalls). Linux 2.6 systems should continue to use LSM
if possible and only fallback to syscall hooking if it is absolutely
necessary. Examples of this include:
- the user requires Novell's AppArmor
- the user requires SELinux
- the user cannot recompile the kernel and LSM is deactivated or
Capabilities are statically compiled

2.3.1-pre1 has been tested with Linux 2.6 on several architectures
(i686, ppc, amd64). On amd64 systems with syscall hooking, only file
events from 64-bit applications are detected. I plan to add support for
32-bit application events as well before the 2.3.1 release. Until then,
amd64 Linux 2.6 systems should use the (default) LSM interface.

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer