dazuko-devel

RE: [Dazuko-devel] 2.3.1-pre3 posted

From: Tikka, Sami
Subject: RE: [Dazuko-devel] 2.3.1-pre3 posted
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 17:19:45 +0300

The dazuko 2.3.1-pre3 fails to build on SuSE Enterprise Desktop / Server 10.

Simply running "./configure ; make" produces errors like this:

***
*** You have not yet configured your kernel!
***
*** Please run some configurator (e.g. "make oldconfig" or
*** "make menuconfig" or "make xconfig").
***

This is apparently because configure printed:

kernel build source in /lib/modules/2.6.16.21-0.8-smp/source... Yes

If I run "./configure --kernelobjdir=/lib/modules/2.6.16.21-0.8-smp/build ;
make", everything works properly.

Is this how it is supposed to work? I would prefer if configure script could
locate the proper kernel headers automatically.

-- Sami