dazuko-devel

[Dazuko-devel] Re: help for dazuko

From: John Ogness
Subject: [Dazuko-devel] Re: help for dazuko
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 18:00:32 +0100

???? wrote:
> 1) low-level events in my system?, what's it??

These are the real opening and closing of file handles on the system.
That may be different from the "perceived" opening and closing of files
in an editor.

> 3) whether can distinguish some operations by acc->mode?

acc->mode is the file mode used to access the file. You can find more
information about this in the open(2) manpage:

$ man 2 open

> In fact, I want to write a porgram by dazuko, requirement is:
> 1) some important files be encrypted, and save to "/usr/src/sw"
> 2) when read these files by "vi" or "gedit", they are decrypted and
> display plain text in "vi" or "gedit"
> 3) when exit "vi" or "gedit", these files will be encrypted again.

Dazuko's purpose is to regulate file access. What you want is to control
file content (by transparently encrypting/decrypting data).

> I hope dazuko can help me implement it, but "ON_OPEN" event and
> "ON_CLOSE" event can not distinguished my operation, whether have good idea?

No. In my opinion Dazuko will not provide you with the tools you need
for this.

I suggest looking at ecryptfs (which is already included in the mainline
Linux kernel).

http://ecryptfs.sourceforge.net/

John Ogness

--