dazuko-devel

Re: [Dazuko-devel] DazukoFS 3.1.0-rc1 posted

From: John Ogness
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-devel] DazukoFS 3.1.0-rc1 posted
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2009 09:07:07 +0200

On 2009-06-28, John Ogness <address@hidden> wrote:
> - As suggested on LKML, we are now using the pid framework. This
>   should allow DazukoFS to work correctly with pid namespaces. (If
>   you use pid namespaces, I would greatly appreciate testing
>   feedback.)

I just realized that the pid namespace implementation for 3.1.0-rc1 is
not complete. If registered applications are not part of the global
pid namespace, the pid value they get is garbage for anonymous
processes outside their pid namespace.

What would be the correct solution here? We could either return an
invalid pid value (such as 0) or drop the event (so that the
registered application never sees it).

I prefer returning a pid value of 0. This gives the application the
chance to decide if it wants to process the event or not. By seeing a
pid value of 0, the applications knows that it is dealing with an
event for a process outside of its pid namespace.

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer