dazuko-devel

[Dazuko-devel] missing VFS-calls in DazukoFS

From: John Ogness
Subject: [Dazuko-devel] missing VFS-calls in DazukoFS
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2010 11:47:11 +0200

Hi,

In January 2010 I went through to see how "complete" DazukoFS is as a
stackable filesytem. To do this, I looked at the VFS-calls used by the
following filesystems:

ext2,ext3,ext4,xfs,isofs,reiserfs,nfs,cifs,smbfs,tmpfs

and checked to see if DazukoFS stacked all of these VFS-calls. Below
is a list of the VFS-calls that DazukoFS does _not_ stack along with
the filesystems that use those calls. I suppose you could view this as
a TODO list for DazukoFS.

(Note: This was performed in January 2010, so things may have changed
since then.)

dentry_operations
.d_delete               smbfs,nfs
.i_put                  nfs

file_operations
.lock                   cifs
.setlease               cifs,nfs
.unlocked_ioctl         cifs,ext2,ext3,ext4,xfs
.compat_ioctl           ext2,ext3,ext4,reiserfs,xfs
.splice_write           ext2,ext3,ext4,reiserfs,xfs,nfs,tmpfs
.open_exec              xfs
.check_flags            nfs

inode_operations
.getattr                cifs,ext4,smbfs,xfs,nfs
.truncate               ext2,ext4,reiserfs,xfs,tmpfs
.check_acl              ext2,ext3,ext4,xfs,tmpfs
.fiemap                 ext2,ext4,xfs
.fallocate              ext4,xfs

address_space_operations (lang, weil DazukoFS kein mmap-write kann)
.readpages              cifs,ext2,ext3,ext4,reiserfs,xfs,nfs
.writepages             cifs,ext2,ext4,xfs,nfs
.write_end              cifs,ext2,ext3,ext4,reiserfs,smbfs,xfs,nfs,tmpfs
.set_page_dirty         cifs,ext3,ext4,reiserfs,nfs,tmpfs
.sync_page              ext2,ext3,ext4,isofs,reiserfs,xfs
.bmap                   ext2,ext3,ext4,isofs,reiserfs,xfs
.direct_IO              ext2,ext3,ext4,reiserfs,xfs,nfs
.migrate_page           ext2,ext3,ext4,xfs,nfs,tmpfs
.is_partially_uptodate  ext2,ext3,ext4,xfs
.error_remove_page      ext2,ext3,ext4,xfs,nfs,tmpfs
.get_xip_mem            ext2
.invalidatepage         ext3,ext4,reiserfs,xfs,nfs
.releasepage            ext3,ext4,reiserfs,xfs,nfs
.launder_page           nfs

This is only a list of the VFS-calls that DazukoFS does not stack
upon. It does not include the list of VFS-calls that DazukoFS stacks
incorrectly. ;-)

John Ogness

--
Dazuko Maintainer