dazuko-help

[Dazuko-help] Install to CentOS5 issues

From: Dimitri Yioulos
Subject: [Dazuko-help] Install to CentOS5 issues
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 10:07:16 -0500

hello to all.

I've been using dazuko for over three years on a CentOS3 server so as to
enable clamav on-access scanning.  Works great.

Now, I'm trying to install dazuko-2.3.3 on a CentOS 5.1 box, which is using
the SMP kernel, for the same reason.  As a first step, I ran "grep
__d_path /proc/kallsyms"; it returned "c0483463 T __d_path".  According to
README.linux26, that means that __d_path() is exported.  However, when I try
to run the installation, I get the following:

address@hidden dazuko-2.3.3]# ./configure && make && make install
checking host system type... Linux
checking for make utility... ok (make)
checking for C compiler... ok (cc)
kernel source in /lib/modules/2.6.18-53.1.6.el5/source... yes
kernel build source in /lib/modules/2.6.18-53.1.6.el5/build... yes
acquiring Linux kernel code configuration... ok
checking if Linux is RSBAC patched... no
checking if devfs is enabled... no
discovered host system... Linux (2.6.18)
checking if security module support is enabled... yes
verifying capabilities are not built-in... built-in :(
error: capabilities are built-in to the kernel:
       you will need to recompile a kernel with capabilities
       as a kernel module

I tried running the uinstallation with the "./configure --disable-local-dpath"
and "--disable-chroot-support" switches.  I got the same error.

What's up?  Your help would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Dimitri

believed to be clean.