dazuko-help

Re: [Dazuko-help] commoncap.c

From: John Ogness
Subject: Re: [Dazuko-help] commoncap.c
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 22:32:09 +0100

On 2008-02-20, DAMON SWATTON <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm trying to load up DAZUKO [...] but when it comes to test
> inserting DAZUKO into my kernel I get the following message.
>
> linux-g0mf:~/downloads/dazuko-2.3.4 # make test
> /sbin/modprobe commoncap
> FATAL: Module commoncap not found.
> make: *** [test] Error 1

Interesting. Commoncap may already be statically included in your
kernel and the Dazuko Makefile is mistakingly trying to load it
manually.

Does it work if you just run

# insmod ./dazuko.ko

If that doesn't work, be sure to look in the kernel logs for any
detailed messages:

# tail -n 10 /var/log/messages

  or

# dmesg | tail -n 10