dazuko-help

[Dazuko-help] Problem with dazukofs.ign

From: Ľuboš Matejíček
Subject: [Dazuko-help] Problem with dazukofs.ign
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 09:54:40 +0100

Yesterday I played with dazukofs and work with dazukofs.ign surprised.

For unix system is typical that, if any processes share filescriptor
(don't depend how process get it) all copies of fd have the same behavior.

For example if one process open a file and process forks, than parent
and child share filedescriptor - there si no diffence whether any
operation do parent or child. But - when process open file
/dev/dazukofs.ign and forked, only parents events were excluded from
scanning.
Next surprised gone, when I played with threads. Because I found, that
if open file dazukofs.ign, this don't affects any other thread in the
same process. I found, that all threads have to open this file. It is
not very unix behaviour.

Next thing what is not the best is need to seek after reading
dazukofs.ctrl. It complicates writing  scanning  threads. I think that
the most simple model, would be if every thread read dazukofs.ctrl and
scaned the result without need to synchronize. But because of the lseek
we need to synchronize threads.
          Lubos