ddd

Compiling on SGI IRIX64, 6.5

From: Sanjaynath Velamparambil
Subject: Compiling on SGI IRIX64, 6.5
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 12:43:46 -0500 (CDT)

hi,

I have been trying to compile ddd on an SGI Power Challenge array
(IRIX64, v6.5).

The configure scripts exits with an error saying it cannot find
libX11.a. Unfortunately, my system has only the shared libraries
(libX11.so). Since I am not a sysadmin can't get that installed just for
me.

Is it possible to install ddd using libX11.so? What command line options
should I give to the configure script to create the makefile?

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sanjay

Sanjay Velamparambil Ph.D
e-mail: address@hidden  www:   http://www.ccem.uiuc.edu/sanjay