ddd

waiting until GDB gets ready....

From: Lars Lundgren
Subject: waiting until GDB gets ready....
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 16:52:22 +0100 (CET)

Hi,

I have just installed ddd3.3 on my new machine with redhat wolverine on
(7.1beta2).

I am unable to do any work with ddd, because it hangs now and then with
the above message at the bottom of the window.

It seems to happen with some probability when I use simple commands for
example setting a breakpoint in the code, or bringing up the backtrace
window, or even sometimes when I hit run.

My only option when it hangs seems to be to find the gdb process and kill
it. Then it takes down ddd with it.

gdb in isolation seems to work fine.

/Lars L