ddd

Re: DDD 3.3.1 (sparc-sun-solaris2.5.1) gets `BadAtom' error

From: Arnaud Desitter
Subject: Re: DDD 3.3.1 (sparc-sun-solaris2.5.1) gets `BadAtom' error
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 10:14:24 +0100 (BST)

> Hi DDD developers,
>
> I have been trying to build and use DDD 3.3.1 (actually the current CVS
> version as of 17-May-2001) but have had difficulty doing so.
>
> When I first tried to build it I ran into difficulties with our version of
> GCC (2.7.2) and Sun Solaris (2.5.1).  DDD 3.3.1 seems to have fixed those
> problems.  Next, I found out our bison version was old and buggy (1.2.2) so
> I upgraded to version 1.2.8 and that portion worked.  Then I discovered that
> the linker was looking for X libraries in /usr/local/lib/X11  when they were
> in /usr/local/X11R6/lib instead.  I fixed that by doing "ln -s
> /usr/local/X11R6/lib /usr/local/lib/X11".  Finally DDD built properly but

As far as I know, there are some options in configure. See ./configure --help:

  --x-includes=DIR        X include files are in DIR
  --x-libraries=DIR       X library files are in DIR

> when I went to run it (either by running ./ddd in the ddd directory or
> running 'make check'), DDD showed the splash screen then immediately died
> with the following output:

You may pick up some inconsistent include and lib location. Try the options
above to see if it changes anything.

Arnaud

information visit http://www.star.net.uk/stats.asp