ddd

can i use pgdbg (portlang group debugger)

From: yosuke kimura
Subject: can i use pgdbg (portlang group debugger)
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 21:54:13 -0500 (CDT)

Hello,

Ihave a project which has to use porland group's fortran compilers
(www.pgroup.com).  I read archive of gdb mailing list that there
executables are not compatible with gdb and array is not displayed
correctly.  I also noticed that parameters are considered out of scope.  I
was fooled by erroneous report by print command (value was 240. or
somethin but I got 2.3e-30 or something when i say p).  I judged I has to
stick to pgdbg, portland group's own debugger.

My question is if ddd can work with it?  My hope is that pgdbg has -dbx
option, and it behaves like dbx.  I am hoping that if I can use ddd with
something like

ddd -dbx -debugger=/usr/local/pgi/bin/pgdbg

Or should I try with a script called /usr/bin/dbx like

#!/bin/sh
/usr/local/pgi/bin/pgdbx -dbx

Or is there any other solution to work with portland group's compilers?  I
once talked with there support and it wasn't much help.  They heard a
rumor somebody using it but they couldn't help me.

Please let me know if you have any information.  Thank you very much.

--
yosuke kimura
Center for Energy and Environmental Resources