ddd

Re: ddd-3.3 compilation problem with gcc 3.0.1

From: Naoki Saito
Subject: Re: ddd-3.3 compilation problem with gcc 3.0.1
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2001 20:43:08 -0800

Dear Arnaud,

 > Could you try the latest version in the CVS repository
 > at sourceforge.net ?
I got the latest CVS repository from this website, and tried to build ddd,
but the situation is exactly the same, i.e., the same error message was
generated at the same location.

Therefore, as you suggested, I added one line as follows:
#if !HAVE_STRERROR_DECL
extern "C" int errno; // This is a line I added.
extern "C" char *strerror(int errno);
#endif

However, it still does not work.
I tried the following but it did not work either.
#if !HAVE_STRERROR_DECL
#define errno (*(___errno()));
extern "C" char *strerror(int errno);
#endif

Has anyone successfully built ddd-3.3 with gcc-3.0.1 on Solaris 8 machines?
Thanks very much for your help!

Naoki Saito (UC Davis)