ddd

Spam.

From: Jason A. Smith
Subject: Spam.
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 18:36:42 -0400

Is anyone else on this list getting tired of all the spam?  Are any
of the people who control the GNU email lists also subscribed to the
ddd list?  I don't understand why they allow the spammers to post
messages to this email list.  A very simple solution to this spam
problem is to prohibit non-subscribers from posting messages.  I don't
understand why this is not done on this list.  I am subscribed to many
other email lists and this is the ONLY one which has a spam problem,
simply because it allows anyone (which is mostly spammers lately) to
post messages.  With the spam problems today, running an email list
where anyone is allowed to freely post messages is just insane.  All
lists have to be closed because of spam and at the very least filter
all non-subscriber messages through a moderator, or just drop them and
ask them to subscribe.

~Jason
(my $.02)