ddd

Problems with DDD

From: Chris Moy
Subject: Problems with DDD
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2002 21:09:43 -0400

Hello,

I have been using ddd for a number of months and I have recently reinstalled my linux OS. I have had some unexpected difficulty with the installation. I am a NON-SUBSCRIBER so if you are able to help please send comments with my email address included in the response.

Here is a quick summary:

- Using rh 7.1 os
- I have GCC 2.96, lthe latest lesstif from lesstif.org, and the remaining requirements for ddd to run as per the INSTALL file
- I was able config, make, and make install
- During make, there is a warning  that looks like this

strclass.h:1357: warning: Please see the documentation for details.
strclass.h: In function `string operator+ (char *, const string &)':
strclass.h:1362: warning: the named return value extension is
deprecated.

- The ddd debugger starts up but when a program is loaded it is not viewable except for the very top line. Additionally, the variable drop down box at the top becomes scrambled. There are a variety of other bizarre things that happen with the graphical elements. Could this behavior be related to the warnings during the compilation?

I am not sure what to do with this now. I have tried this multiple times on multiple computer with the same result. I use ddd quite a bit so if someone could provide some suggestions it would be greatly appreciated! Note: I use ddd predominantly for perl scripting and launch ddd with the ddd --perl option.

Chris

--
Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. Experience the convenience of buying online with address@hidden http://shopnow.netscape.com/