ddd

a submission for DDD "Tip of the Day"

From: Price, David
Subject: a submission for DDD "Tip of the Day"
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2002 18:05:45 -0400

Hi

This may seem obvious, but it has been burning me for a long time -- and the

truth just dawned on me. I don't recall ever seeing this explained anywhere
--
though I admit I have not read the doc cover to cover. Anyway, I submit it
for

        To debug f77 code, make sure you use only lowercase letters when
referencing
        variables in your Fortran program. Then when you try to examine the
contents
        of these variables, DDD won't bleat: 'No symbol "X" in the current
context'.

BTW. I love DDD.

Cheers

David

David T. Price (Ph D)

Research Scientist              Chercheur scientifique
Integrative Climate Change      Modélisation intégrant des effets
Impacts Modelling               du changement climatique

Canadian Forest Service         Service canadien des forêts
Northern Forestry Centre                Centre de foresterie du Nord
5320 - 122 Street                       5320, 122e rue
Edmonton   AB  T6H 3S5          Edmonton   AB  T6H 3S5

Tel:    +1(780) 435-7249                        Téléphone
FAX:    +1(780) 435-7359                        Télécopieur
mailto:address@hidden           Addresse électronique

See also/voyez aussi: http://www.rr.ualberta.ca/Staff/adjuncts.htm

Visit NoFC website at: http://www.nofc.forestry.ca/climate/maine.html
(English)