ddd

Re: DDD configure breaks on solaris 8

From: apgaylard
Subject: Re: DDD configure breaks on solaris 8
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 08:06:46 GMT

> I'm trying to install DDD on a Solaris 8 machine and I get this error:
>

> checking for XOpenDisplay in -lX11... no
> configure: error: The X11 library '-lX11' could not be found.
>                   Please use the configure options '--x-includes=DIR'
>                   and '--x-libraries=DIR' to specify the X location.
>                   See the files 'config.log' and 'ddd/config.log'
>                   for further diagnostics.
> configure: error: ./configure failed for ddd

Hi Melissa,

Please download the latest ddd 3.3.5 from
http://sourceforge.net/projects/bashdb
and give it a spin.  I've just tested this
configure on a SPARC/Solaris-8 machine,
and it certainly works for me.

I simply used

    ./configure --prefix=/opt/ddd-3.3.5

(no X includes, libraries, etc.)
My g++ is 3.2.1, my make is GNU-make 3.78.1.

I'm in the process of merging the work done
by the bashdb guys into the main ddd tree,
at which point I'll release ddd-3.3.6.

Until then, please use the 3.3.5 release;
you'll battle to get 3.3.1 to build unless
your gcc is 2.95.2 or older.  Configuring
isn't even half the battle.

If you still have problems, then do let us
know; this ought to work "out of the box".

(Please, EVERYONE else on the list, do not
use 3.3.1 unless you have a specific reason.)

Bye,

Andrew.

This message was sent using M-Web Airmail - JUST LIKE THAT
M-Web: S.A.'s most trusted and reliable Internet Service Provider.
http://airmail.mweb.co.za/