ddd

Re: No code visualization

From: Andrew Gaylard
Subject: Re: No code visualization
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 20:55:49 +0200

Mauro Fiorentino wrote:
Thanks for you answer.

I tried gdb and seems to run. I tried also a commercial debugger (sunstudio9 ) and it worked.
Still I do not understand what's wrong with ddd.
Do you happen to know where shall I look ?
Thanks, Mauro

Andrew Gaylard wrote:

Mauro Fiorentino wrote:

Hi ,

I have got a problem with the DDD debugger on a linux machine.
I compiled with the -g option and when I run the ddd I can see just the first 4 lines (commented) of the code I want to inspect. If I try to open the the code from the menu I receive the following message :
" Line 1 of Fitlines.C is it at address 0x804b8c4 but contains no code"

The very same code with the same Makefile works great on Unix machine.

Do you have any suggestions  ? What shall I check ?
Attached is the log file from DDD.

Thanks, Mauro

This sounds like a gdb problem.  Does debugging this code work from
plain gdb?

Andrew.

Hi Mauro,

I'm sorry, I've no idea what causes this.

Can you supply a small testcase?