ddd

Re: Large files with DDD

From: Andrew Gaylard
Subject: Re: Large files with DDD
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 10:48:51 +0200

Arularasan RAMASAMY wrote:
Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your help. We have managed to solve the problem by compiling our code with -gdwraf+ using gcc v2.95.

But some gcc version that we are using on SPARC Solaris is complaining that this option is not supported. Any ideas why ?

Thanks
R Arul

First: do NOT reply directly to me.  Reply to the LIST.

Second: it does not help to say "some gcc version".
What version?  Could you not be bothered to use
"gcc --version"?

Third: -gdwraf+ should be -gdwarf+.  Is that the problem?

Fourth:  gcc-2.95 is very old.  You should be using a more
recent version.  I don't get paid for the work I do on DDD,
and nor do the other volunteers.  We are not going to
investigate problems on old versions of software.

Please THINK before you fire off an email.

Yes, I am angry.

Andrew.