ddd

Re: DDD 3.3.10 (sparc-sun-solaris2.8) gets `Abort' signal

From: Andrew Gaylard
Subject: Re: DDD 3.3.10 (sparc-sun-solaris2.8) gets `Abort' signal
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 08:51:19 +0200

OK people,

This bug seems to happen a *lot* on Solaris -- this is the third report
in three weeks.  The other two suggested that it was a dbx thing, which
made me reluctant to dig into it (since I don't have dbx and am not
prepared to spend big dollars for it).  But if it happens with gdb too,
as it seems to from this report, then I'm determined to stomp on it.

Anyway, until this little nasty is nailed, I'd recommend downgrading
back to 3.3.9.  The only compelling reason to use 3.3.10 is for the
improved perl-5.8.x support.

Mark, did you build with -DHAVE_SUNDBX as described in the NEWS file?
Does it make a difference?

Andrew.

Mark Hopf wrote:
I get this bug when trying to use DDD. I have gdb 6.2 installed, but am have tried dbx as well.

This is the console msgs. The log is attached.

 ddd --dbx SANJ01_output.exe

comm-manag.C: In function `':

comm-manag.C:3274: assertion `qu_count == count' failed

warning: Lowest section in /usr/lib/libw.so.1 is .hash at 00000074

Internal error (Abort).