ddd

RFC: makedb or mdb?

From: R. Bernstein
Subject: RFC: makedb or mdb?
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 18:25:03 -0500

So far, the test release of ddd with GNU make debugging seems okay.

(Okay - there just the vast silence. But I'll take no news as good
news.)

One of the things though I'm thinking of changing is the debugger name
from makedb to mdb. I'm afraid makedb will get confused with the Unix
command to make a DBM file. I did a google search on mdb and that
seems is free. mdb seems to fit better into the scheme of debuggers
such as gdb, adb, jdb, pdb, xdb debuggers.

I'll probably have to be a little bit careful here to time a ddd
(test) release along with the next remake release.

As always, if folks have thoughts and comments, send them along.