ddd

Automation Question?

From: James Supancic
Subject: Automation Question?
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 15:17:24 -0700

Automation Question?

How would I automatically break on a list of function (I have them in a file) and then log when they are called and with what arguments to a file?

I am using the gdb back end. I know gdb supports the "source" command which can execute a list of commands from a file, but it doesn't work with functions that are not currently loaded. (These breakpoints need to be set pending the loading of a shared library).

I need to set a bunch of breakpoints automatically then log the function names and arguments to a file. I am not really sure how I should do this?

For the task that I would like to perform, setting them by hand each time, and then recording the arguments and function at each breakpoint is simply infeasible (it would take years)...

Thank you for your time,
James Supancic